Wednesday, February 15, 2017

New Media's Impact On TV/Film Students

For my research topic I plan to research how new media (online video and social media in particular) has made it easier for Television/Film production students to share their work with the public and gain valuable experience. The traditional way for college students to gain experience in their desired career field is through internships, but there are many requirements to getting internships such as the year the student is in and their ability to receive credit for an internship (I have gotten an internship from a sports media company taken away from me because I could not receive credit, could not receive credit because I was not a Senior yet). But the rise of online video sites such as YouTube and Vimeo paired with social media promotion such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat, aspiring creators can gain the valuable experience needed and have their work shared to the general public in a more connected way.

No comments:

Post a Comment